Priority Areas to Support
Campaign Priority Areas Overview
4-H PROGRAM IMPACT
- 4-H SCIENCE LITERACY – $2 million
Michigan youth will be critical thinkers and problem solvers through science-based learning.
- 4-H HEALTHY LIFESTYLES – $500,000
Michigan youth will make healthy life choices.
- 4-H LEADERSHIP & CIVIC ENGAGEMENT – $500,000
Michigan youth are civically engaged as volunteers, decision-makers and community leaders.
- 4-H WORKFORCE READINESS & FINANCIAL LITERACY – $500,000
Michigan youth will be work ready and financially smart.
- 4-H VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT – $1 million
Michigan 4-H volunteers will be recognized, trained and supported for their work with youth.
4-H FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT
- MICHIGAN 4-H CHILDREN’S GARDENS – $1 million
Youth will touch, feel and know science through the Michigan 4-H Children’s Gardens.
- KETTUNEN CENTER – $3 million
4-H members, volunteers and staff members will have enhanced educational and retreat accommodations to enrich experiential learning at Kettunen Center.
- COUNTY 4-H ENDOWMENTS & MAKE THE MATCH – $2 million
Michigan 4-H will double its capacity to serve Michigan youth for the next 100 years. Increased support for county endowed funds will enhance and advance local 4-H programs.
- STATE 4-H PROGRAM ENDOWMENTS – $1 million
Long-term investments will ensure Michigan youth have access to the 4-H programs they need now and in the future. We will build these investments through current and planned giving.
- 4-H FACILITY ENDOWMENTS – $1 million
Facility endowment investments will help keep Kettunen Center or the Michigan 4-H Children’s Gardens in premium shape for Michigan 4-H programming.