About 4-H Endowments
Making a Long-Term Investment in 4-H Youth
The Michigan 4-H Foundation offers donors gift options designed to sustain Michigan 4-H Youth Development programs at both county and state levels. Endowments for 4-H county or state programs provide a dependable and perpetual source of funding that, when combined with other public and private annual 4-H funding sources, assures that 4-H learning opportunities can always be available for Michigan’s young people.
An endowment is a fund that is held permanently. The corpus of the fund is invested and held intact, and the earning from the fund are used to support 4-H programs.
Michigan 4-H Foundation Endowment Basics:
- Minimum investment: $10,000
- Program impact investment: $25,000 or above
- 4-H post-secondary scholarship endowments: $30,000 minimum investment
- Endowments can be named in memory of or in tribute to individuals.
- Endowments created during a life-time can see 4-H program impact grow significantly with the addition of a planned or estate gift.
- All endowments are created through agreements negotiated with the donor.
- All endowments are managed according to the guidelines set by the Michigan 4-H Foundation’s revenue and spending policy.
- All named endowed funds are permanently recognized in the foundation’s annual report.
- Endowment gifts exceeding $25,000 can qualify a donor for Cornerstone Society recognition (permanent recognition at Kettunen Center).
Learn more about:
For more information about endowments, contact:
Assistant Director of Development for 4-H
Phone: (517) 884-4691