Statewide 4-H Learning Experience
Sponsorship Request Form
Deadline to apply: Sept. 9, 2021
Funds to be spent: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Each year, Michigan 4-H Youth Development Professionals host a number of statewide and national skill-building workshops and events to teach methods, share new ideas, and offer learning opportunities to 4-H youth and volunteers.
The Michigan 4-H Foundation has historically sponsored statewide workshops and learning experiences, reducing the cost for 4-H youth, volunteers and staff to attend. This discount (previously referred to as subsidy) is provided by the generous gifts from donors, endowment fund earnings and general fund support from the Michigan 4-H Foundation.
CHANGES BEGINNING in 2021
- Sponsorship amounts may be adjusted annually based on need and available funds.
- Event coordinators will need to request funding by filling out the brief online form below by June 1 of the prior year (ex. June 1, 2021 for the 2021-22 fiscal year).
- Funds needs to be requested by June 1, ahead of the 2021-22 fiscal year that begins July 1, so that a budget may be set.
- Knowing what programs are planning for the coming year will allow the Michigan 4-H Foundation to sustain existing and grow new youth and volunteer learning experiences.
This allows Michigan 4-H Foundation:
- Time to adjust the sponsorship amount, if needed, before the program year begins.
- Opportunity to identify a donor for a specific event being planned based on content area.
Note that donor gifts designated for a specific program or event will still be appropriated for the event to honor the donor’s intent.
- Statewide or national 4-H youth and adult learning experiences, workshops and trainings are eligible to apply for the sponsorship. Statewide indicates registration for the 4-H event is open to participants from any county.
- The 4-H event coordinator must complete the 4-H Learning Experience Sponsorship Request Form by June 1 of the prior fiscal year.
- 4-H event coordinators should submit one funding application form for each educational learning experience.
- Programs or events with a designated donor or sponsor are eligible to apply for additional funds.
- Must be a multi-day event or experience.
- Priority will be given to events that:
- Engage diverse audiences.
- Contribute toward one or more of the four priorities in the CYI Strategic Plan:
- DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion)
- External Partnerships
- Program Excellence
- Scholarship Excellence
Please note: if a new 4-H learning opportunity surfaces after the application deadline, please contact the state 4-H leader for discussion. We still wish to inspire new growth and innovation in 4-H opportunities offered to youth and do not want to limit new ideas that may emerge at any time.
The application period to request funding has expired. Funding may be requested from April 1-June 1 each year. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you!