4-H Exploration Days
June 21 – June 23
This fun MSU pre-college program could be the highlight of your summer – it could even change your life! About 2,500 youth (ages 11-19) and chaperones from across Michigan attend annually.
The program is designed to:
- Increase responsibility, confidence, independence, accountability, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills.
- Increase communication, team work, citizenship, and leadership skills.
- Foster ability to meet new people and make new friends from different places and backgrounds.
- Develop and expand career and personal interests.
- Increase college exploration and access to the Michigan State University campus and its resources.
- Develop social and academic skills needed for a successful transition to college and life as an adult.
- Give youth opportunities to try things that aren’t available in their county.
4-H Exploration Days registration goes from mid-March through April with session assignments made on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration deadlines, usually the end of April, but can vary by county, so check with your county MSU Extension office. As you select your session choices, be sure to watch for age restrictions! Age requirements for sessions are based on your age as of January 1.